|My "busy" calendar|
I love March! It's probably my favorite time of year. Florida is covered in Azaleas. The weather is sunny and beautiful (of course, it's sunny and beautiful most days of the year). We take a break from the daily "formal" lessons and travel around doing things that are educational but not necessarily in an obvious way.
Things I'm working on:
- Attending the homeschool convention in Greenville, SC.
- Trying to find some sort of awesome deal for Adventures Unlimited where our family holds their annual week-long Family Campout. This trip can be rather pricey and I'm hoping Living Social comes out with another great deal (they recently had a $700+ package available for approximately $350 and I missed it!!).
- Attend the Azalea Festival in Palatka, FL.
- Visit the Waterfall and Caverns in the northern part of the state.
- Visit some friends in Spring Hill, FL and perhaps visit some state parks in that area as well.
- Re-visit St. Augustine (yes..again)
I have quite a few things coming up for you in the next few weeks. There are going to be some reviews, giveaways and quite a bit more. Tomorrow, I will begin a series of weekly posts "Quotes on Literature". Each week, I will feature one quote about literature. I thought this would be a great kick-off to my new school year (after all, Charlotte Mason is a literature-based curriculum) and perhaps you'll find some helpful tidbits to take with you.
Please join the rest of the iHomeschool Network bloggers as they present "Quotable Wisdom".
Are you making any "big plans" right now? Field trips? Vacations? Curriculum? Share what you're doing in the comments.