December 9, 2013
When eReaders first came on the market, I thought they were silly. There was no way I was ever going to use a tablet to read a book.
In February 2012, I purchased a Kindle Fire.
In February 2013, I purchased a Kindle Fire HD.
I guess you can say I changed my tune. I like the Kindle. It serves our homeschool well. How, you ask?
December 3, 2013
Toys come and toys go. Except when they don't. Some toys seem to be interesting generation after generation.
I've been noticing the toys my kids have enjoyed and many are the same toys I had as a child. (I realize some of ya'll don't know this, but that was a long time ago.) Anyway, I'm sharing ...
I've been living around and with people with bipolar disorder for the majority of my life. I have four children who have it. I've learned a lot.
Still, learning a lot and knowing what others want to know isn't the same thing, is it?
What Would You Ask about Raising Kids with Bipolar Disorder?Whether you have children with this disorder, have friends or other loved ones who have it, or have no connection with the disorder at all, I'd like your input.
What would you ask me about bipolar disorder? How can I help you understand?
Use the form below to submit questions.
Are You Struggling with a Child Who Has Bipolar Disorder?I'm receiving a lot of good questions for my book. I'm also receiving a lot of emails from moms on the brink of falling apart while dealing with their child who has bipolar disorder. I can help. I've been there. I'm still there.
- Are the outburst of raging wearing you down?
- Are the sleepless nights exhausting you?
- Do you know the proper way to respond to the child's argumentative moods?
- Do you know how to "talk him down" from the mania?
- Did you know that finding a good sleep schedule and sticking to it will reduce frequency and intensity of mood cycles?
- Did you know diet plays a role in preventing irritability and mania?
- Did you know the schedule for meals plays a role?
Subscribe to The Holistic Homeschooler
December 1, 2013
- struggling with homeschooling.
- wiping tears more than completing lessons.
- having struggles in your efforts to homeschool children with bipolar disorder, dyslexia or Asperger's.
- in need of practical tips and advice for raising these special need kids.
- in need of assistance with your curriculum
Initial Phone Consultation
During this one-hour call or meeting, we will determine the needs of your family. We can then discuss what action to take to help you have a more successful homeschooling experience.
On this 30-minute call or meeting, we will focus on what is working and what isn't. Ongoing support is available at this rate. (May only be purchased if we've had an initial consultation previously or if you're purchasing an initial consultation at the same time.)
Package Deal (Best Price)
Initial one-hour consultation PLUS two half hour follow-up/support sessions.
Terms and Conditions
- There is no limit to how many sessions you may purchase.
- Sessions will expire 12/01/2014
- All sales final. No refunds.
- These rates available
12 a.m. on Dec. 1, 2013 until 11:59 p.m. Dec. 2, 2014.through December.
Schedule TodayMeetings can be held over the phone or Skype. If you're local, we can meet at a coffee house or other public place.
The process is simple.
- Pay for your session(s) via Paypal (below).
- (TMichelleCannon@gmail.com) to schedule your session.
These rates are available 12:00 a.m. on December 1, 2013 and end at 11:59 p.m. December 2, 2013. (All times are Eastern Time Zone)
Subscribe to The Holistic Homeschooler
November 30, 2013
If you've ever wanted to lead a more natural lifestyle but didn't know how or if you simply want to learn more, this is the bundle for you!
As a natural living, green cleaning, aromatherapy using, herbal medicine administering sort of person, this is right down my alley.
This bundle contains a wealth of information through cookbooks, books on herbalism, essential oils, green cleaning and so much more.
Announcing the Encore Flash Sale for Black Friday!Yes, this bundle is back but only for a few days. For less than $30, you can own over 80 eBooks and eCourses put together for your by some of the top bloggers and authors in their fields.
Valued at $1,034 this bundle is available for $29.97 through Cyber Monday. It will never be available again.
November 29, 2013
I love shopping for homeschool curriculum and products at this time of year. For me, all the Black Friday deals are timely because we're beginning the last term of our homeschool year, so I begin purchasing for the next year. In addition, no matter the time of year, I'm looking for good deals on eco-living and fair trade items.
Whatever your reason for shopping, you won't want to miss out on the great deals being offered right now. Here are my top picks for Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sales.