I can't answer for you, but apparently what I do is lie down in front of a television and find inspiration in a cartoon.
10 Things We Can Learn from Phineas and Ferb
1. Nerds can be cool. Everyone loves Phineas and Ferb. No one cares that they're total nerds. In fact, we somehow find coolness in their nerd-filled creations. Being a nerd is clearly OK.
2. No one likes a tattletale. Candace. Enough said.
3. Everything is connected. In all the episodes, the actions of the characters have a direct or indirect effect on the other characters, even those who are unknown to each other. It's true. We're all connected in some way.
4. Imagination goes a long way. Phineas and Ferb find ways to entertain themselves endlessly through the use of their imagination. They're never bored.
5. Animals understand us. Perry the Platypus. Enough said.
6. Parents should be better listeners. As much as we dislike a tattletale, Candace isn't incorrect in her assessment of her brothers' activities. Yet the mom never sees what Candace sees simply because she fails to listen well. The better we parents listen, the more we'll understand our children's reality.
7. Creativity is important. The reason Phineas and Ferb are never bored is their creativity. Candace would fare better (and have better things to do) if she were more creative. Don't quash the children's natural creativity. Foster it.
8. Enjoy the moment. Life has enough anxieties day to day. Find enjoyment in the moment for that is how long it lasts.. a moment.
Opening lines of the theme song:
There's 104 days of summer vacation
And school comes along just to end it.
So the annual problem for our generation
Is finding a good way to spend it
9. Help from friends is important. All of the characters and scenarios are successful through the help of others. Everything they accomplish can be attributed to team work and support. Help your friends and if you need help one day, accept it. We're all in this together.
10. Different is OKAY. Every character in the cartoon is "different" or "odd" in some way. Actually, all of us are. That's what makes life beautiful. Imagine if there were only one kind of fruit or vegetable or flower. How dull and unattractive the world would be. Accept each other for the differences.
One more added post-publishing:
11. Our pets are really secret agents for the OWCA: It really does explain why our pets act so bizarre and do crazy stuff. (Thanks Radonda!)